- Coronavirus spreads easily. If you had close contact (face-to-face, 1 metre or less apart) or live with someone who has COVID-19, then you may have caught it.
- It can take up to 10 days before you become ill with COVID-19.
- If you have coronavirus, you may pass it on to others even before becoming ill yourself.
Prevent spreading coronavirus to others
- Stay at home.
- Do not go to school. Inform your school that you need to quarantine.
- Try to separate yourself from others at home, especially from those at risk of severe COVID-19 – those over 55 years or who have a chronic condition.
Try to follow these rules to avoid spreading it to others
Stay in a separate room.
Try to use shared spaces separately.
If you do make contact with others at home, keep 1,5 metres apart, wear a mask and open the windows and doors.
Use separate dishes, towels and bedding.
Wash your hands often.
Wipe down high–touch surfaces after use with a bleach solution