- If a person who is over 55 years or who has a chronic condition gets coronavirus, she or he is more at risk of severe COVID-19.
- Chronic conditions that can increase risk are diabetes, HIV, TB, kidney disease, hypertension, chronic lung disease and cancer.
Avoid catching coronavirus and try not to pass it on,
especially to those at risk of severe COVID-19.
Support those at risk to keep away from others by helping with shopping and errands.
Encourage the person with a chronic condition to go to all their check-ups and to continue taking medication.
Keep in touch on the phone or via social media.
If you do want to spend time with someone at risk of severe COVID-19:
- Don’t spend time together if you are sick or have had contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Limit your gatherings to less than 10 people.
- Keep a physical distance from one another. Don’t give hugs.
- Wear your mask.
- Spend time outdoors if you can.
- If you are together indoors, keep the windows and doors open.