COVID-19 can spread when we touch surfaces with coronavirus on them and then touch our faces.
Wash your hands as often as you can, but especially:
- After using the toilet.
- Before preparing or eating food.
- After caring for somebody who is sick.
- After being in a public place.
- After blowing your nose or coughing or sneezing into your hand.
Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Roll up your sleeves, rinse hands in clean water and apply soap to palm.
Rub palms together.
Rub fingers between each other.
Place hand over back of other, rub between fingers. Swap.
Grip fingers and rub together.
Rub each thumb with opposite palm.
- Rinse your hands with water and dry them with a paper towel or let them dry on their own.
- If you have sanitiser, use it if your hands are not dirty and only if soap and water are not available.