Workplaces are places where coronavirus can spread easily.
- If you are unwell or had close contact with someone with COVID-19, stay at home.
- If you are at risk of severe COVID-19, discuss with your employer how to work safely.
Avoid spreading coronavirus when at work:
Keep apart from others
- In shops, keep aisles clear.
- In offices, space desks apart.
- In factories, space out workstations.
- Stagger breaks to avoid crowded tearooms.
- Meet online if possible.
- Keep it short.
- Involve ideally less than 10 people.
Wear a mask at work. Carry a clean spare mask.
Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
Breathe fresh air.
- Open the windows and doors.
- Take a break outside if you can.
Wash or sanitise your hands often especially when you arrive at work, before eating and drinking and after using the toilet.