- Coronavirus spreads easily. If you had close contact (face-to-face, 1 metre or less apart) or live with someone with COVID-19, then you may have caught it.
- It can take up to 10 days before you become ill with COVID-19.
- If you have coronavirus, you may pass it on to others even before becoming ill.
Prevent spread to others
Stay at home. Separate yourself from others in another room. If you cannot stay in a separate room, you may need to stay in a facility to check on your health and prevent spreading coronavirus to others.
If you can be separate at home make sure you all follow these rules:
Look after yourself
- Look after your mental health.
- If you have a chronic condition adhere to your treatment.
Recognise when to seek healthcare
If you develop COVID-19 symptoms: fever, aching muscles, cough, sore throat, diarrhoea, contact your health worker or phone the hotline.
- Visit a health facility urgently if you have difficulty breathing, confusion, chest pain that won’t go away or you cannot wake up.
- Call ahead. Avoid public transport. If needed, use an ambulance.