When someone with COVID-19 coughs or sneezes, they may leave coronavirus on surfaces. When others touch these, they may catch the virus if they touch their faces.
Clean and disinfect to prevent the spread of coronavirus
- Wear gloves while cleaning and disinfecting. If the gloves are not disposable, reuse them only for cleaning and disinfecting.
- Clean surfaces once a day and if dirty. Use a detergent or soap and water before disinfecting.
- Disinfect to remove the coronavirus. Use a diluted bleach solution of 6 teaspoons bleach and 1 litre water. Wipe on with a cloth and leave to air dry.
Disinfect regularly surfaces and objects that you touch often – once a day and again after use.
- Wash the laundry with detergent and in warm or hot water if possible.
- Wash at 60–100°C if you have a washing machine.
Wash your hands often
- Wash your hands well with soap and water after handling laundry and rubbish, and doing cleaning and disinfecting.
- Do not use shared towels to dry your hands.