On arrival at the vaccine site:
- Your vaccinator will check you are registered on the EVDS.
- Your vaccinator will check that you give your permission to be vaccinated.
- Wear clothing you can remove easily to expose your shoulder.
- Tell your vaccinator if you had a serious allergic reaction before, are pregnant, have a clotting or bleeding problem or take medication that might make you bruise or bleed easily.
Getting vaccinated is quick and easy
- Your vaccinator will sanitise or wash hands before giving the vaccine.
- You will receive an injection into the muscle of your left arm, just below the shoulder. It might be a bit uncomfortable.
- Apply gentle pressure afterwards, do not rub.
Some vaccines require one dose, most require two:
- If you receive the JnJ vaccine, you will get 1 dose.
- If you receive the Pfizer vaccine, you will need 2 doses, given a few weeks apart.
When you are done:
- You will need to wait for 15 minutes to check for an allergic reaction (this is very rare).
- Make sure the vaccination is recorded on your vaccine card.
- If you need a 2nd dose, check you have a return date.