There are many viruses which cause diseases that can lead to suffering and death. We prevent those disease with vaccinations.
Our children get vaccinated
in their first few years to prevent diseases like measles, polio and TB.
Teenagers get a vaccine to protect against a sexually transmitted virus that causes cancer.
We vaccinate healthcare workers to protect them from viruses they might catch at work.
We offer flu vaccines to older people, pregnant women, and those with chronic conditions as flu can be severe in these people.
There is no cure for COVID-19.
- Many people have been sick with COVID-19, some severely.
- Some have not recovered and months later are still unwell.
- Some people who had COVID have caught it a second time.
- Thousands have died from COVID-19.
- We have all lost social, educational and work opportunities because of COVID-19 lockdowns.
Vaccination will help to end the COVID-19 pandemic.
It will prevent sickness and death from COVID-19 and allow us to get back to normal life.